Sunday, March 14, 2010

Olympia Cremina 2002 has arrived!


I recently got my hands on a used Cremina 2002. It was in very good condition, but had been sitting in storage for the past four years. When I went to use it for the firtst time, a small leak developed where the top of the piston shaft exits the group head. No big deal, this is my fourth Cremina (first 2002 though), so I dont mind replacing the gaskets.
I contacted the U.S. Cremina distributor to get a new gasket set, and was notified that Olympia was no longer making the new style gaskets, and that all of the new machines would need to be retorfited with the older style gaskets (Cremina 67 gaskets). This process requires the installation of a new piston and the group head will need to be machined. The distributor has the tools to machine the group head on order, and as soon as it is in I will send the group head off to have the process done. Until then, I decided to remove the piston and give it a cleaning and lube.



Here is a pic of the gaskets of the piston. The one with the red band is for the lower groove on the piston and the one with the metal spring in it is for the upper.

No comments:

Post a Comment